After family dinner tonight, Lindsay, John, Julie, Mom and I put together a poem for my Dad for him to read while he was at work. All of us only got to see him briefly since he had to work the night shift tonight.. I really am just so grateful to have him for my father. There is no one more hardworking, selfless, dependable, thoughtful, patient or kind. He has always been there for each of us and helped support us in whatever direction our lives were taking us. Whenever I was having a bad day or crying about something he would always come in my room and give me hug and say something to cheer me up. He rarely ever thinks about himself and is always thinking of his kids or our mother. As a child if I was ever feeling paranoid about burglars or being kidnapped, I found comfort in the thought of just knowing he was sleeping in the next room. Whenever he picked me up from school, he would always bring me a diet soda from the fridge from home. He even took me out to lunch in high school after I had just been grounded for a month and Mom had taken away my phone. We both ate burgers at A.J's and even though I was on restriction, he still made me loved. He taught me how to dissolve battery car corrosion with baking soda and water. He recently rubbed down my car with canola oil to brighten it's blue color and get rid of the white waxy substance that made it look so worn. He's very resourceful. And he's really talented at singing and playing guitar as well as tuning pianos. I loved the feeling of being home in the evenings while Dad was strumming his guitar in the next room. There's just so many examples that I could give you about how awesome my Dad is but it's getting late and my brain isn't working so well..
But alas here is the poem: (we already shared it with him and he loved it)
Dad, dad, father of six
Always on facebook chatting with chicks
Some are blonde and some brunette
But none of these will he forget
Some are married, some have kids
Some bring home stray cats to live
Always working long hard hours
Like a guy with super powers
Never complains no matter what shift
Rescues his kids when they need a lift
He grabs two sodas and then his hat
Then picks you up wherever you’re at
Cruisin’ to the plant in his 5.0
Gotta pay the bills gotta get that dough (john)
Tuning moms piano so she won’t go crazy
Dealing with kids that are oh-so-lazy
Wondering if retirement will ever be had
He works so hard, He’s
the world’s best dad!
He’s always there to give us a hug
Even when we’re bad, he makes us feel loved
And if mom’s in bed moaning “I’m too sick to cook!”
Into the pantry he will look,
Then throws together a casserole
What’s inside, no one needs to know!
If eating your enchiladas causes too much pain,
He’ll sweeten them with syrup so you won’t complain
Watchin’ the stocks ‘cause he wants to get rich
Saving Mom and Mabel when there’s trouble on the ditch
Dad is funny, his humor’s tongue and cheek
He might push your buttons, but he’s humble and meek
Whacking the bush till it’s almost not there
Using the same technique on his hair
Picking mom up off of the bathroom floor
Saving her life since 74’
Making the world a better place
All of this done with a grin on his face
This is why we love him so
The rest of the world will never know
How lucky we are to have such a great dad
So happy father’s day to you, cause you’re so rad!
Love Lindsay, Julie, Kristin, Beth, John, Mikela, and mom
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD! I love you more than you know.

No comments:
Post a Comment