Thursday, October 21, 2010

you're only young once


Wow. My deepest apologies for not blogging in a quite some time.
The months are definitely flying by now, especially after going home for fall break. The weekend before last, Emily, Andrew, Joel and I took a spontaneous trip to Vegas while on the way to see a movie one night. None of us really felt like seeing the movie too terribly, so we told Andrew it was up to him to go wherever he pleased (since he was driving)..So then he suggested Vegas, and we all agreed..then debated for several minutes about how serious each of us were..
Once we were convinced we all really did want to go, we headed for the freeway.
We left around 11pm on a Thursday night and drove all night and arrived around 5 in the morning.
When we got there, Andrew discovered he'd lost his wallet. We retraced our steps and and figured it probably fell out when we stopped at this random exit about an hour away in the middle of nowhere to look at the stars..So we google mapped it, picked a random, secluded exit and got back in the car, praying it would be there.
After driving for about another hour, we got off the freeway a drove a little ways down the hidden, barren road..and there it was sitting there, completely undisturbed. Emily and I screamed in utter joy and relief!
It was hard finding a hotel that allowed kids under 21 to stay.. so we finally decided on a cheap looking bright pink motel with a pink elephant statue outside the front.
We all slept till about 4pm and then the sight-seeing began.
The strip was exciting. It was bright, flashy, and sparkly. It made you feel alive. The architecture and designs were incredible. My mind was blown just thinking about how much time, energy, and money was put into creating all those buildings.





It was definitely a weekend to remember. The four of us felt like siblings.
It felt exhilarating to get out of the house and do something impulsive with my young life.
I left my phone at home on accident, so the whole time I was thinking and worrying about Jason. I tried to keep in touch with him through Emily's phone, but I wasn't getting much response. So that whole long-distance-relationship-insure-insanity started kicking in, in my brain. I miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment