Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Married Life

So I know I've only been married for a little over a month now, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Our relationship hasn't changed too much but we are definitely getting to know each other better.
I've been trying to stay on top of cooking meals so that Jason will have lunch and dinner to take to work every night, but I really slacked it for a couple of weeks since we'd been going out quite a bit. But I let Jason get a smart phone this month, so now I'm back to cooking :)
I've made quite a bit of lentils, (er I guess it's more of a lentil soup with corn and black beans), spaghetti, green beef enchiladas, and barbeque chicken sandwiches. These are all the meals that have been repeated.
Last night I made penne pasta with chicken in an alfredo sauce. That was quite yummy. Probably my favorite thing I've made so far. I don't like my cooking much, but Jason absolutely loves everything I make. So that's all that matters :)
Both of us work most of the time that we're not sleeping, since we have pretty opposite schedules, so date nights are highly valued around here. We both have the same 3 favorite restaurants, so it just depends what kind of food we're craving. La Malinche for Mexican, Pei Wei for Chinese, or Carino's for Italian. We're not too adventurous about trying new places yet. Besides eating out, our dates also include driving around listening to music that remind us of when we first started dating. This was something we used to do a lot when we reunited last summer. We'd drive around the willows talking for hours and listening to Weezer. Their album 'Make Believe' still gives me butterflies when I listen to it. I also get nostalgic just going to the movies with him and holding his hand in the theatre.
I fall in love with him all over again. I really love when he has days off.
A little car update: our Ford Contour (which Jason had only owned for a year prior) gave out a couple weeks ago. I had been driving it down River Bend when suddenly I could accelerate or brake and all the lights came on. The radio and air were still working, so it wasn't the battery..I pulled over on to the dirt and started to smell gas. I turned it off and try to restart it. It was cranking, but it wouldn't start. So I called my Dad to pick me up. He thought for sure the fuel pump had gone out.. So I called Pep Boys (the only place open on Memorial Day) and had it towed to their shop. They informed us later that it was the timing belt that had broke and there was damage to the engine. They told us that replacing that part would be equivalent to buying another car.. So we eventually decided to just sell it to a junkyard for 200.
I just about cried when we were emptying it out. The smell of it reminded me of last summer when Jason would come pick me up all the time and we'd just drive around..
Anyway we were very blessed that my parents decided to step in and give us their blue car, Julie's old Nissan Maxima. It runs so much better than the Contour so far and we're really grateful to have a car to get around.
Working for John has been going pretty well. The days that I make mistakes and John scolds me or points it out that I did something wrong, I take it pretty hard. But at least I remember not to do it again and I'm more conscious of it the next time. There's so many things to keep track of in the moving business and so much you have to be on top of. It's so important that I get the addresses recorded correctly along with phone numbers and what exact day they asked to be scheduled on. It's best if I repeat everything back to them before I hang up. It's all about clear thorough communication from both sides so that everything goes smoothly.
So often people will tell me that I am so lovely to talk to, or that I made their day by being so nice.. One time a lady was trying to decide between our company and another with the same rates and same reviews, but she chose ours because of our phone personality. AKA me. :) People are always asking me what my name is and repeating it back to me talking to me like I'm their friend. It's customers like those that make my job all worthwhile and make me feel like I'm an awesome participating citizen in this world and I'm making somewhat of a small difference in people's lives.
Jason's been a wonderful husband so far--much like I knew he would be. He's so helpful around the house. We both aren't clean freaks, but we're not complete pigs either. But we're pretty on top of things.



Sometimes I wish he worked a different shifts so we could sleep together at night, but I'm just grateful he has a steady job and works so hard. Plus it makes the nights that he is next to me that much more special.
I love when he opens the car door for me.
I love when he comes home and kisses me on the cheek even though I'm still mostly asleep.
I love when he turns down his music when I'm playing piano so he can listen to me.
I love when he comes home and is all perky, talking a mile a minute about his night, even though sometimes it can stress me out while I'm getting ready for work because I feel like I can't give him my fullest attention.
I love when he compliments my cooking (which is always)
I love when he cuddles with me on the couch.
I love that he wakes up in the evening and still chooses to watch cartoons while eating his cereal like it's Saturday morning.
I love that when we fight, he's always the first to back down and give me a hug.
I love that when I'm upset he talks to me in his gentle voice and tries to get me to laugh..
I love my hubby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment