Last year Shane rarely called me. He was completely inconsistent with communicating and of course was breaking up with me or proposing every other week. Not really. But you get the idea. I was constantly crying myself to sleep every night because he didn't pay enough attention to me or act like he really cared when I was upset. He was always distancing himself so he could "focus on his mission." Well I'm glad I finally gave him that chance. To fully focus on his "mission."
Anyway, Jason texts me every morning when he wakes up and all the day long. Frequently calls me in the middle of the day just to say hi. He calls me every night before bed. He'll skype with me every chance we get, even though it can be painful. He always asks how I'm doing or feeling and I feel like I'm actually important to him.
Anyway, so I explained this to him and I hope he finally understood how happy he really makes me. It really is the little things that mean the most.
School's been going well. And I've been cooking for myself more than I did when I lived at home.
We've met quite a few people out here. Some of them aren't worth our time. Others are pretty entertaining. However, having friends isn't always as cool as it's cracked up to be. I'm trying to find the balance between school and being social once again.
Luckily we only have one more episode of the O.C left. So now we can really get more focused. I feel kinda lame thinking about all the hours we wasted sitting in front of the TV becoming so engaged in the lives of these people that don't actually exist.
But whatever.
I'm glad we got off the couch this weekend and went hiking to the hot springs! Strange to think that there's random bodies of water that are naturally steamy even when the weather is cold. I'm also glad I get to have these kind of out of state experiences that my other siblings have missed out on. Even if my knees are kinda jacked up from it. :D
I'm a really lucky girl.
I've been thinking about possibly moving back home after this semester though. It's not that I'm unhappy here..I just think I've had my fill of Utah. And if there's no real need for the whole long distance thing, then why do it? I do, however, have to figure out the whole lease thing since we already paid for last month's rent.. But I'm sure it can't be that complicated.
I wish I was good at school. Ya know like those kids who get all A's on everything and know lots of random facts because they read for fun? That'd be pretty sweet.
I really want to work at an orphanage. But apparently it's only volunteer work. Unless you're a social worker?
It'd be really cool to be a music critic. Do they have those? Because I really like discovering new bands and forming opinions of them. Speaking of which, Weezer's new album is pretty good. I'm still getting acquainted with it, so I don't like it as much as the others. But time will tell.
Ugh NOW I will attempt, yet again, to do my English homework.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment