Sunday, September 26, 2010

This weekend was a mixture of emotions. Like everyday, really. But it started off with seeing a cheesy, but overall entertaining movie with the girls on Friday and a super late night at Dell Taco. The next day started pretty late and I was feeling sort of grumpy and depressed, debating whether or not to even go to the concert. But after much thought, I decided I'd probably feel better if I just went. So I did.
Hayley, Emily and I all seemed to be on the same page mood-wise, since none of us were quite as excited about the concert as we thought we would be the day of. Plus since Emily had bought her old boyfriend, Spencer a ticket for his birthday, he had to come with us which I know wasn't too fun for her.
We walked to our school campus expecting the concert to be outside on the baseball field. But as we passed the towering billboard/marquee thing, Emily pointed out that it had been moved to the events center indoors. So we had to walk a bit further. Which was good :)
Anyway when we got there, there was a huge line of people leading up to the door causing us to moan inside. It wasn't long though before though before the line started moving along and before we knew it, we were inside and you could hear the music of the opening band getting louder. That's when we got excited.I loved the atmosphere of it all; the lights moving up and down, changing colors, the sounds of the music pulsating through your body, the fog hanging low in the air, the excited adolescents jumping around to the beat; it was all really thrilling. I know I sound pretty lame, but that's how it felt.New Politics, the opening band that I'd never heard nor heard of before was probably my favorite out of all three bands that played that night. That's us with them in the picture up above. They're from Denmark!
Even though I'm not a big fan of Neon Trees or 30 Seconds to Mars, I must say they both sounded excellent, if not better live than recorded. Not sure I'll invest my time in listening to them privately, but I was still really impressed with their performances, especially 30 Seconds to Mars. The lead singer was really talented.


On a more depressing note, I couldn't stop thinking about my little Cuomo back home with these suspicious spots on his torso that could be potentially threatening. I felt like a bad mother and wife for not being home to help out somehow.. I miss my boys.
I really just miss home these days. But school is going well, I got all my homework done today, so right now I'm feeling accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment