I'm an aunt for the eleventh time in my life! :) It sure was a very long day, waiting by the phone and trying to calm mom down. Luckily they ended up going to the hospital and even though he has a cone head from the long labor and pressure on his little head, he is healthy and beautiful, weighing a chubby 8 pounds and 2 ounces with lots of golden hair. I haven't gotten the chance to hold him yet. I only saw him through the nursery window. But I'll get to hold him soon. Mikela was in labor for a full 24 hours, what a champ! Especially since most of it she wasn't drugged. When I have my babies, I will be drugged. No question.
I love my family and its always fun to be out with my siblings without all the in-laws and children just like the old days.
Today was pretty stressful. But good nonetheless.
I'm so so grateful that Jason came back into my life when he did.
I didn't know I could feel that comfortable and safe with someone. I've never been able to just talk to someone for 16 hours straight or just have that much fun driving around aimlessly listening to music and talking about stuff that didn't really matter. No one has ever made me feel that respected or that special. I feel like he really listens to me when I talk and he really understands me and where I'm coming from. I never feel like he's judging me nor does he get easily offended by anything. He's just very easy to be around and he seems to sincerely laugh at things I say too. It's hard to believe that a mother as awful as his had a child so genuine and sweet. I love that he's so responsible and perceptive. I could just go on and on. But basically he's the reason I've been so happy these past couple weeks and the reason I'm still smiling throughout all this other drama.
I really feel like he was an answer to my prayers and that this is how it's all supposed to be right now.
I'm so grateful to a have my siblings to talk to and back me up on things. I love how loyal and supportive we are to one another and how when any one of us is going through a hard time, its like we all are because we all feel that pain.
Anyway, Lindsay and Gil are taking over John's business while Mikela is still in the hospital so I'm worried we might not get to go camping tomorrow. I'm gonna be pretty bummed if we don't cause I've been waiting to get away for so long now.
I need to sleep. I'm emotionally exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment