Friday, August 27, 2010

Today I felt more homesick than normal. I felt like I was being sort of grumpy too and I kept saying things in the wrong tone. I wasn't trying to be mean, but I think that's how I came off to those around me. Then Julie was texting me about how much she missed me and really wanted to drive around aimlessly with me, get burritos and jam to our songs. So I really wanted pasta. Buttery, garlicy, cheesy pasta. That's my comfort food. So Hayley and I went to a little restaurant called, Noodles and Company. I ordered the whole grain linguine because it sounded closest to my craving.. but when I put it into to my mouth, I decided it was too healthy to be comforting. But it was still pretty good.. Hayley got the Pad Thai with Shrimp (in case you were wondering) and she felt the same way about her meal. The rolls were much more satisfying I felt. We were both missing home. It was raining outside as we made our way to Target to return yet another item we changed our minds about, and then went to Walmart to get a few things. Just as we were leaving, Hayley mentioned wanting something sweet-like a pastry or ice cream. We looked at each other and then immediately turned back around and headed for the fridges. As we looked at our choices we were about to settle for our second favorite flavors of Ben and Jerry's, when suddenly I saw it and screamed. CREME BRULEE! Oh it's been too long since we last met! Both of us jumped up and down in the aisle looking rather foolish to those around us. But we didn't care! It was like it knew that we were having a bad day and we needed it's dreamy goodness to ease our worries and decided to make itself available to us once again. So we cuddled on the couch under our fuzzy blankets with our ice cream watching a light-hearted chick flick, 'Definitely, Maybe' in our little apartment that is gradually becoming more attractive every day. That was for sure a run-on sentence. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment